Monday, May 21, 2012

South Beach Cookies!

So I've decided I need to go back to Phase 1, because of how much weight I have to lose and because last week was a bit of a bad one diet-wise. Well, tonight I was really wanting something sweet after dinner but obviously wasn't about to cheat on my diet. So I finally decided to try the Phase 1 friendly PB cookies that were posted on 3fatchicks.com :) Here is the recipe and I must say even though they certainly aren't as good as my usual recipe (also posted on my blog) they are definitely a good substitute and pretty darn good for "diet cookies."


Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies

1 egg
1 cup granulated splenda
3/4 cup natural peanut butter
1/4 cup part skim ricotta
1 tablespoon vanilla


For chocolate peanut butter add 2 to 4 tablespoons cocoa powder and add additional splenda to sweeten cocoa powder.

Mix ingredients, spoon on to cookie sheet (lightly coated with cooking spray -canola spray is best) and bake 300 for 10 to 15 minutes


I did not try them with the cocoa powder this time but plan to next time I make them, and while it sounds pretty odd to make cookies with ricotta cheese, I must say I was pleasantly surprised, so if you are trying to watch your weight or even just your sugar intake, give them a shot!

No comments: