A Child of the 80's
So, you have to admit that all of us who grew up in the 80's had the best toys ever made. I'm going to share with you a few of my favorites and would love to hear about yours!
Let's start with My Little Pony
I can't even recall all the different ones that were available, I had a few of them and used to love brushing them and letting my smaller toys "ride" on their backs. This was one of the best girl toys ever, today little girls are playing with rather trashy dolls instead of innocent toys. And we wonder what is wrong with young women today.
Next are Keypers, I remember having the sleepy one and I used to hide all sorts of things in it. It had a key and a little glow in the dark "pet".
Again, so girly and innocent. They don't make toys like this anymore.
Let's move onto one of my most favorites, the small scented Strawberry Shortcake (and company) figurines.
I actually still had some of these and recently got rid of them, I didn't even think about the possibility of how much money I could make off of them. Oh, well. Oh and you could still smell them! :) Talk about durable toys!
Little People are still around, but they are not made the same and I personally prefer the old school crew pictured here.
I still have some of these as well and my boys now play with them. :) I even bought them a few of the larger play sets off of eBay (the old school ones.) Another durable toy, they just don't make em like that anymore.
Finally, I cannot remember what these were called but I had the bunny family (actually, still do) and I used to absolutely love playing with them. They had cute little outfits that were removable and they were so soft. Another durable toy because they still look as good as new.
So, what were some of your favorite toys and do you still have any? Or perhaps have you purchased any on a stroll down memory lane brought to you by eBay?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
oh my gosh....my kids played with those toys forever and ever...and they were such classics they never went out of style so the younger ones still played with them...i ember the little ponies very much...fun memories...
I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.
I am so there with you on the list, but would definitely have to add Care Bears. What's funny is that many of these toys are being recycled into my kids world, very smart toy makers and it makes me so happy to play with my children with toys that I remember so fondly.
Jennifer
http://www.practicallyperfectprincess.com/
Post a Comment