Wednesday, February 2, 2011

High School

It seems so long ago, 13 years! Wow I graduated from high school just a few months after my oldest (stepson) was born! Yep! He'll be 13 in less than two weeks! Lately my favorite music has been listening to the 90's on 9 or the 90's channel on TWC. It brings back SO many memories! I guess that's what we long for when we have kids, bills, deployments to think about, and all the many other demands of our lives... a time with no worries. I guess I wouldn't actually say I long for it though because even with all the daily demands and Army induced stress, I wouldn't trade my life for anything. I definitely had my fun when I was a teen though, I do miss not having to worry about anything but my homework and having fun! I miss lunch time with my friends, and all the fun (and trouble) we'd get into on the weekends! haha I miss the music too! Thankfully I can still listen to it though because seriously, a lot of the "talent" of today is well, talentless! lol (lady gag me, eminem, britney...) puhlease! That isn't music! Gimme Green Day and STP, Our Lady Peace, The Beastie Boys, Sheryl Crow... I could go on, but the last great decade for music was the 90's. And it makes me feel so old to consider the music "classic" lol but what can I say, I just don't care for many of the new stuff. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of great new bands/singers, but a lot of it sounds the same. So what do you miss most about high school? What "crowd" did you belong to? I'd love to hear from my readers, let's take a walk down memory lane together! :)

1 comment:

Cheilsea said...

I think what I miss most about high school is being able to see my best friends every day (which I'm sure you can relate to being a military wife). I was in the "popular group" I guess you'd say. Everyone knew me me because I was the nice girl who was friends with everyone. I played field hockey and softball, was involved in a lot of extracurricular stuff and all the teachers loved me because I was a good student. On the other hand, I don't miss the drama that comes along with high school..and small towns in general. I'm so past that and glad to be older.