Monday, May 14, 2012

Dark Shadows



So, Saturday night my husband and I had a date night and went to see Dark Shadows; The latest Tim Burton and Johnny Depp blockbuster. Based on a soap opera from the 60's and 70's, Barnabus Collins (Depp) returns to the human world after being buried alive for almost 200 years and is sprung in the 70's with no knowledge of anything that has developed over the past two centuries. As usual Depp is sexy, funny and brilliant; I can never get enough of his characters, it almost makes me hope for a sequel.



Dark Shadows is hilarious and mysterious, just as any good Tim Burton film should be. The cast is fantastic, Helena Bonham Carter delivers her usual oddity; Depp as always, becomes his character and Chloe Moretz gave the movie the punch that it needed. Special appearance by Alice Cooper, added to the amazing soundtrack within this movie.




Michelle Pfieffer honestly didn't do much for her character, nor did Eva Green but if you see one movie this month let it be this! I promise, you will not be disappointed. Unless of course you just really aren't into Tim Burton or Johnny Depp, but I've yet to meet a person who isn't. And in my opinion, this is Chloe Moretz' best role yet; she was funny and nailed the era and age of her character.

No comments: