Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Reality TV
Really? How far is it going to go? I remember when it all started with The Real World and Road Rules (not 100% on if those were the first shows, but first I remember.) I watched a couple seasons of The Real World, I'm sure anyone who did remembers Puck!? Where is he now I wonder? And then came The Bachelor, Fear Factor, Rock of Love, The Apprentice... oh the list goes on! Now we have Teen MOM? I mean really? I'm sorry but anytime I see a teen parent, I just want to smack them! They don't know what the hell they are doing and I personally do not think that teens should be able to raise children, there should be a law against it! Am I being harsh? Sure. Am I offending anyone who was a teen mom or has a pregnant teen? Probably! But I'm sorry, teenagers are NOT responsible (I know, I was one once!) And it just makes me sick to see babies who are not getting the proper care or given the right start to life because some parents cannot drill into their kids head that they must use protection if they are going to be sexually active (no, you cannot prevent them from having sex, if they want to do it; they are going to do it! No. matter. what!) Alright so you can see where it starts hitting a nerve with me because I have completely gone off the main topic which is simply reality tv. What about John & Kate and all those other mammoth families? First of all why would you do this to your children? They are not living normal lives (having their lives all over tv) and it seems as having children in mass quantities has become a competition, and there too; I'm sorry, I know many large families that do well but a lot of these kids aren't leading normal lives just for the fact that they are having to help take care of their siblings. Alright here I go straying again; but if these people didn't put their lives on TV we wouldn't hear about it as much. I won't lie, I have watched some of the shows (Wife Swap, Supernanny...) those were actually entertaining but reality tv really is going too far and it seems like real tv is fading (sitcoms, dramas...) I fear that at some point all that we will see on tv is reality show! YUCK! I can tell you one thing if it ever did get that bad I probably wouldn't subscribe to cable or satelite any longer. lol Anyhow, I just wanted to rant about something that annoys me a great deal: reality tv, (and obviously large families which force their children to raise their siblings, and teen parents.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Reality TV makes me CRAZY! I totally understand :)
Following you now - stopping by from BLoggy Moms - please visit me and follow @ www.havingfunsaving.com
Take care,
Tracy
following you back :)
Post a Comment