In high school, I was one of those girls who drooled over the grudge bands instead of the boy bands. My two all time favorites back then were Green Day and Our Lady Peace, I was lucky enough to attend two OLP shows back in MO. At one of the shows we were right up front at the stage, it was awesome! I was in love with the lead singer so I was definitely on cloud nine. Anytime I went to a concert I tried to find a way to meet the band/singer, and this time; I was successful! We searched the building for a way to try and get to them with no luck, and waited around for them to leave as well; again... no luck. Finally on our way back to the car we spotted their tour bus! Well, back in high school I was rather bold and I went after what I wanted; so I decided to simply go up to their tour bus and knock on the door! I figured worse case is they tell us to just get outta there right? Well, it wasn't worse case! A couple of the guys came out of the bus and were just shootin the beeze with us, we talked about back home (they and I both are from Canada) and talked about their show, they signed some autographs and posed for some photos... then Raine who was still on the bus invited us in! EEEK! This was the moment I had been waiting for ever since I first heard him singing Superman's Dead on the radio! He signed some stuff too and we hung out with them for a little while, and I of course did not leave without getting a picture with him too... (excuse my look at the time, I was not exactly sober and it was pouring so clearly I look like I went to hell and back to achieve this goal! lol)

So have you had a brush with fame? My husband was lucky enough last time he was deployed to meet: Blake Clark, Henry Rollins, Robin Williams, Vince VAUGHN!!! (and a few others.) So if you were lucky enough to meet anyone famous, leave me a comment! I'd love to hear all about it. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment