Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Sweet Memories
So in Psych this week we were discussing the senses and memory recollection, and I was discussing that one of my favorite senses for recalling memories is the sense of smell... well this evening before giving Gavin his bath I was playing in his room with him and mixed in the bucket of toys that we were playing with were some of my old toys (My Mother had come across them and when we went to visit last summer she brought them out for Gavin so we could take them home, several Ziplocs full of my old little toys (McDonald's happy meal toys, remember; when they had GOOD toys in there? lol) some smurf figurines, Fraggle ROCK! hahah Well among them were some of my old Strawberry Shortcake figurines, you know the small ones that smelled like the name of each character? So after all these years (these toys are a good 25 years old!) they STILL smell! Not strongly but enough that you can still smell the sweet strawberry, blueberry, grape or whatever fruit the character was named for! Ahhh it brings one back to much simpler times, no worries or fears; back when we all knew how to have fun with something so simple, and take pleasure in the simple things in life! I have a prescription for you if you are having a bad day, play with your children! Let loose and just have a good time with them! I have been having such a rough week/2 weeks and just playing with Gavin in his room tonight and goofing off totally refreshed me, I feel so much better and so relaxed right now! Thank you GOD for my wonderful blessings! God is good, enjoy your children! <3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment