Sunday, August 31, 2008

First Post

I decided to start a blog as an easy way to keep in touch, and just to have somewhere to jot down my thoughts and share some of the good things in life. If you don't already know me then let me tell you a little about myself; I'm 29 (ok so I'll be 30 tomorrow but thought I'd say 29 while I still can haha) I am happily and proudly married to James who is a soldier in the US Army. We are currently in TX where he is attending PA school. He's doing well, I am so proud of my honey! We have two boys, Cody who is my ten year old stepson, and who just went to live with his Mom for the first time since hubby and I met, it's an adjustment I tell ya, especially for my son Gavin who is only two, and has no idea where or why his big brother is gone. We also have a chocolate lab named Harley who we just recently adopted, he's an idiot but we love him haha seriously though, he's a good pup, but that's just it, still a pup lol and so full of energy and mischief! ^_^

I have just three more courses (2 courses and 1 practicum) to complete before earning my AS in Paralegal studies but since our schedule doesn't suit right now I've begun on my BA in CRIM/PSYC. I take online courses, I love the freedom it gives me to stay home but I do miss the interaction of seated classes. I do not currently work because I hate the idea of having my child in daycare. I do work some odd jobs from home though to help earn us a little extra income.

I love all things arts & crafts, LOVE to cook and feed people (come on over for dinner! lol) I also love the outdoors but don't get to enjoy them much here right now because it is just WAY too hot! We are looking forward to going camping in Dec though with some good friends (yes it will still be that warm lol) I love to shop as well but of course have to limit that to when I actually have extra spending money lol don't I wish I could afford to go every day! haha Oh and I am completely in love and obsessed with Hawaii (specifically the island of Oahu) we had the great pleasure and opportunity of being stationed there for a couple years and my dream is to retire there, I could go on and on about it for hours on end sooo I'm going to end this first post here. Keep checking back though as I'll be sharing our day to day lives here as well as recipes, crafts, photos and more.

Happy last day of August!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Welcome to the blogging world!!

Tammy G aka Riot! said...

Keep on blogging :-)